Saturday, January 21, 2012

with a little help from my friends




today was cray. First of all, I woke up at an un godly hour for a Saturday, 6, should be no where near the front of the alarm clock queue. Second, I am pretty freaking sure that I have covered all points N, S, E & W on the lil RVA map. My car and I are tired and of the TWO trips that I made to the grocer today neither, sadly, was for me or my house hold. This, my friends, leaves me with no other choice but to pull something out of my magical fridge, that just somehow, thank you Riva, seems to still hold edibles.

I really will need to go to the grocery store.

Dinner this evening, late, evening consisted of the following:

Peanut Curry Sauce, well, sot of, al-a-Riva: not so sure what's in this, but it was pretty good, although not really curry. I added a chopped onion sautéed in peanut sauce and heated through.

Steamed Rice - don't even ask. If you have to ask, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Steamed Veggies - chopped carrot, zucchini, broccoli and placed in steamer basket over rice. It's not magic people. As the rice cooks, so too do your veggies. Nummers.

Pile rice on plate, pile veggies on rice, cover with that sauce stuff, (really have no clue, even after eating it, what is in the damn thing.) top with cashews.

Pretty good for night, what is it now, 7, 8 maybe having not gone to the grocer. Whatever. We ate. It was an adventure. The most fun out of all of it, as I type, there is the lovely sound of jazz, running water and clinking dishes coming from the kitchen, because I am not doing them. I cooked, after all.

No comments: