Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fake Crimmus Pancakes




I will constantly be posting recipes for pancakes on this site, because I have yet to make the perfect pancake. Most of my concoctions consist of floppy and half hazardous looking pasty white creatures that are barely fit for the family dog, if this applies. So, I will try and try again. This morning, I was stricken with the pancake bug. I NEEDED to make them and nothing was getting in my way, except the lack of a main ingredient in the fridge, milk. NO WORRIES, I got this. Soy Milk Nog to the rescue! Good idea in theory, bad execution. So, the bad pancakes were remedied with plenty of jams. Next time pancake, I will get this. (don't get your hopes up folks, it's been years and the only hope I have of making half decent flap jacks is a big yellow box of "home-made" help.)

Pancake Fail 1/7/12 -
2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2 c silk soy nog
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs butter

beat wet and dry in separate bowls, combine wet into dry, beat gently, not too much, or you will make them rubbery, or if you are me, they will always be rubbery and I am stacking the evidence up to a magnetic forcefield of anti pancake waves, or the like. Pan fry with butter, always butter unless you hate yourself, then, do whatever you want. They are ready to flip when the still battery side is producing bubbles at a rather rapid rate. You are on your own for the other side, but let's hope for you and whomever else will be ingesting them that golden brown is where you find the undersides when you peak.

Good luck and gods speed.

2 comments:

dejavudu said...

I have never successfully heated soy milk. Pouring it over cereal is one thing, but try to put it in coffee and you get garbage. Something unholy must happen when it's warmed.

dejavudu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.