Saturday, January 14, 2012

dining creatively


I have been busy, really busy, that's the reason that I started this blog, to keep a little piece of each day for me and force myself to acknowledge that I need this creative space that I am creating. So, it's no surprise that as I was at a really nice dinner with a couple of friends, that it suddenly dawned on me that I had completely forgotten the day. I hadn't made a thing. I started scanning the restaurant for objects easily disassembled and reassembled into a beautiful art piece.

I thought for a moment as to wether or not I coule manage to get into the kitchen and ask them if I could cook, but that quickly disappeared when I spotted the cork sitting on our table, we had ordered a bottle of wine to share. I fumbled through my purse for moment, and indeed I had a few tools and pieces that I could use to make a pair of earrings.

I dissected the cork, cutting it length wise down the center, cut a bobby pin in half and bent it with a pair of mini pliers and took the earring hooks out of the current pair that I was wearing, which I had just removed because they were catching on my sweater, and used them to complete the pair. TaDa! I had a new lightweight and funky pair of earrings in a lil over 5 min at the dinner table. I liked the exercise, but I think I will leave the MacGyver stuff to Spencer. Though all that crap I have in my Mary Poppins purse did come in handy.

1 comment:

dejavudu said...

Yay, Mary Poppins purse!
I love that this was done at the dinner table. You always do really shine at the last minute challenges. I've just got to get you a tv show.