Friday, January 13, 2012

Rise and Shine!


Breakfast, I am worthless without it. So, as a nice start to my morning, I whipped up a mix of all the odds and ends in the fridge (still avoiding the grocery store, my barometer is how many servings of fruits and veggies exist in the fridge, if it gets to less than a day's worth, then I MUST go, ugh) and came up with this lovely lil concoction.

Egg Taco:
Remember those leftover egg whites, add them to 2 whole eggs and blend well in a bowl
handfull of remaining scallions ( always a must in my fridge, if you chop them up when you get home from the store, they last much longer)
shredded cheddar, nice handfull, mostly for flavor, but helps the egg stay in place in the tortilla, and who doesn't love cheese?
2 whole wheat tortillas

fry egg with the slightest bit of butter
throw scallions on top

micro the shredded cheddar on the tortillas, makes the cheese all melty and the tortillas pliable
divide the now omelet in 1/2 with the spatula and fold into the tortillas like tacos

Berry Good Smoothie:
1 c frozen berries, Trader Joe's has a great mix that I always have on hand in my freezer
3/4 c pomegranate seeds
1/4 c cranberries, fresh
1 c plain yogurt
1 c almond milk

blend, baby, blend!


quick, easy, and if not so quick for you, portable.

Happy Friday Y'all

No comments: