Saturday, January 28, 2012

making jewelry with my girls





I started this project four years ago with the Visual Arts Center called SOHO, it was to be a mentor with a group of girls that badly needed one and get together to cook, make art, talk and just take time to be together. My girls name was Gabrielle, she unfortunately had to move away in the middle of the program but we've been keeping in touch ever since. It's off and on, but a phone call here, text there, and occasional postcard are nice from one to another. Today I spent a better part of my afternoon at Vis Arts making jewelry with all four years worth of SOHO girls and talking about heart health and awareness. There was zumba and good food and fun photos. It was a really nice time. I made a braided bracelet for my girl Gabrielle and am going to send it to her with a little love. Thanks Sally for reaching out. It was a really fun afternoon.
Love and inspiration was also sent my way via a friend in Philly, Thanks Mandy! What a great gift to come home to on a lovely Saturday afternoon. I will take treasures in every form I can. Check out what the post man left at my door. New Glass Beads! So Beautiful. Why would anyone ever want to throw these away?

No comments: