Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tropical Flower Birfday Cake

Happy birthday Ellie! I hope you like this fun and festive birthday cake that I made.

1 box organic yellow cake mix
1 can coconut milk ( not low fat)
1 c shredded coconut milk
1 c applesauce OR if you can find it pineapple crushed
1/4 c coconut oil
(eggs are pictured, but as I was making this, I decided not to use them as I didn't know if the group was going to be vegan or not. Just added a bit more coconut oil.)
mix and bake the box mix with the above ingredients as directed, treat all of the wet ingredients as you would the ones on the box.

I used a flower pan, but another pan, 9 in round, square can be used.

After baking, let cool and stand for 1 hour.

I iced the cake with a rice mallow cream found at our local organic grocer, but buttercream could do just fine. I am trying to keep it vegan as I don't know the crowd that will be there.

Rice Mallow in a piping tube = fun and effective way to decorate a cake without making icing.
top with coconut shavings and 1 whole candied pineapple ring. 3 chocolate chips for center.

Enjoy with friends and plenty of cocktails.







No comments: