Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm tired and covered in bananas Soup

It's been a long weekend. I completely missed yesterday's post. COMPLETELY. I am not going to even try to make that one up. Spencer and I have been spending time with our nephews and OMG are they a lot of work. So, after battling 95 traffic in a storm with a car full of Ikea, having to pee for 90 minutes, and coming home covered in dried banana paste, I wanted nothing more than my bed and a shower. So a quick dinner was essential. 20 minutes and a healthy soup was born.

Quick Veggie Soup:

4 quarts pre made chicken stock
1 giant leek / 2 small onions, finely chopped
8 carrots, cut in rounds
1 bunch kale, rinsed well and roughly chopped
2 tbs butter
1/2 chicken pulled and rough chopped
salt & pepper
1 pinch red pepper flakes

bring stock to a boil
throw everything in

heat through and serve with parmesan on top.
preferably with a glass of burbon and a large ice cube.

Pass out with toothbrush in hand at the foot of bed. Sleep has come

No comments: