Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Brunch






I now know why I don't do brunch that often, because if I start drinking at 11 I don't get shit else done for the day. Regardless, I needed a nice lazy day off to visit with friends. Jen & Jaime came over for some Carra style Brunch and I dolled the house up a bit. Lots of flowers and fancy glass ware.

Chocolate bread pudding:
6 leftover / day old chocolate muffins / cupcakes
6 eggs
1 c milk
3 tbs sugar
1 bag choc chips
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs butter melted
1 bunt pan

Butter the bunt pan. Crumble the muffins in large chunks into the pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl whisking thoroughly. Pour over the crumbled chocolate in the pan. Mash into the pan.
Bake for 40 min at 350.

While that's cooking I made a lot of other small treats:

Bacon: Don't. Cook. Bacon. Naked.

Hard boiled eggs with caviar.
Boiled baby potatoes with butter and pepper.

STRAWBERRIES

And of course, mimosas.

Happy Sunday.

No comments: