Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inch by Inch







that's usually my mantra for running, every step really counts, I can't go very fast and I have to walk often, due to a leg injury, but at least I am out there. This afternoon I was reminded again and again that I am doing the right thing, or at the very least, it's officially spring. I got hit in the face by no less than 6 inch worms on their descent to the earth from their trees. The first two were cute, I won't express what I said upon getting the last few little gifts. But they inspired me to make this pendant.

Also inspiring, Noah Scalin, the person responsible for getting me motivated to create something daily for a year. I got to hear him speak again today and he reaffirmed the reasons that I am creating and writing and putting myself through this little experiment. Little steps, and limiting myself. I'm going to try to keep my ADD self limited for some time to making just what sparked this, Pancakes and Pendants. I am not going to limit myself if I get a wild hair to create something greater, but I think that putting a few boundaries on what I make for a while will help my focus. Which I desperately need right now. Happy Spring.

( and as I was finishing this I found one more little guy crawling up my arm )

No comments: