Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birfday to ME!













It's official, I am old. Not really, but it's a milestone. I got to spend the afternoon doing things that I like to do, like napping with cats, walking in the park, picking flowers and having lunch with friends. It really was a beautiful day with more friend time to come this evening.

I made a very simple necklace of Quince flower buds. This bush is magical and starts blooming these delicate little pink flowers early in February, giving me hope that spring is around the corner. I love to see it in full bloom every year, when it hits its stride, right around my birthday. Hope for the new year.

I hope that everyday you take time, for you, breathe deep and smell the flowers, air, life. It's all around us and will pass you by in an instant if you don't grab on every once in a while.

1 comment:

dejavudu said...

This is a spectacular post in general.