Monday, September 3, 2012

Two Days in One

So, I am making up for lost time here. Yesterday was a whirlwind, two states, friends, family and Ikea. Eesh. So I am doubling up since I had absolutely no time yesterday to create anything other than a laugh.

This morning was welcomed with some hot French Toast with pomegranate jam thanks to Ellie.
 1/2 loaf French bread, a good couple of days old makes it better, a bit dry = more room to soak up the batter. Sliced thick.

4 eggs
1 c half & half
1/2 tsp each - cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, powdered.

1/4 stick butter

1 hot pan

Whisk all but the Bread & Butter.

Place the slab of butter in the hot pan, let melt and get just brown while you soak the bread in the batter.

place the now soaked bread in the hot pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, adding pats of butter as necessary.

Serve hot with honey crisp apple slices and pomegranate jam on the top. OHMYGODSOFREAKINGGOOD.









Then Tiffany gave me a magical mystery box this evening full of goodies that I can't remember life without. I love spare, lost, unloved/wanted jewelry parts. Here's a pendant out of a tangled hot mess of a necklace.



Now back to the week I guess. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good luck with the mystery box!! I cannot wait to see what treasures you make with your magical pixie dust!