Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nothing too Crazy

This is a simple dish that took little to no effort. Why?  Today is a time for reflection for many and my biggest beef with myself, is not taking / having enough time for my loved ones. So I made a quick dinner so Spencer and I could spend some quality time together and share in each others company, not the perfection level of the dish, cleanliness of the house, or one of the other umpteen things that would normally keep me busy and away from my kissy face.

Steamed Rice & Broccoli :

Rice cooker with 2 c rice & 1 large cluster of broccoli large thick stems submerged in the water and the floret's above. Perfect way to cook both!

Sliced omelet:
4 eggs whisked with sesame oil and fried in a pan omelet style, no stirring while cooking. Cook like a pancake. Add scallions if you would like.

Fried Shiitake Mushrooms: sliced thin with a little oil and garlic. Brown and serve on top of the rice, broccoli and omelet.

Douse all with soy sauce and perhaps chili paste.


Enjoy with someone who's had a long day. They need your company more than they would need the food. But, you know, food is love.

No comments: