Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nacho Typical Tuesday

I love a good pun. I made quick work of the random bits and pieces that were in the fridge from the two crazy weeks that I have been traveling. What I got, nachos.

3 bags random leftover bits of tortilla chips - total 4 cups-ish
4 peppers I have no clue what kind, but they were peppers
2 leeks - I was out of onions and they were there
1 random sausage diced
1 tomato diced
1/4 head lettuce chopped
1 avocado diced with the juice of one lime on it for flavor and anti-browning
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 can refried beans in bits
2 c shredded cheddar
(yes, I really had all this crap in my fridge after 2 weeks being mia from the house and grocery store. I also made 4 c carrot, apple, ginger juice & a greek salad for lunch tomorrow.)

sauté all of the peppers and leaks, spices and salt, if you have garlic, it would be a good idea to use, if not, well you are in the same position as I am and it's gona be that much less awesome.

while those are cooking up, spread out your stale ass chips on a cookie sheet and don't worry, enough cheese and 450 degree heat will make the stale disappear.

Dice the sausage up and sprinkle over chips.









Dice the tomato, avocado and lettuce and place in separate bowls for post-oven toppings.

After 15 min of sautéing take the mixture and spread over the chips and sausage. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over evenly and cook for 15 min in the oven.

Enjoy this fun junk food dinner pre movie/date night with long lost husband & a coke.


No comments: