Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Beautiful Autumn Weather We're Having


In February!?! Yeah, it's strange, but much enjoyed. It really doesn't go with the dinner I had planned, which is late winter fare, but we'll go with it. After a long neighborhood walk, Spencer and I came home famished so I whipped up this hardy and yummy meal.

Mashed Potatoes:
2 lbs red potatoes, diced up and boiled until tender
strain and dump bak in the pot
mash in:
3/4 stick of butter, don't hate, you know you like it
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Penzy's Fox Point
pepper to taste
3/4 c milk

Quick Roasted Beets:
sliced beets, I like yellow
large skillet with lid or same sized pan to cover cook on medium high heat until browned nicely on both sides
touch of slat

Brussels:
I halved mine and steamed them over the cooking potatoes

after they are mostly done cooking, 5-7 min, quick fry them with the remainder of the butter ( I don't wanna hear it about the butter, this is enough food for 6 people) in that large skillet
salt and pepper

Cooking's done. Enjoy it alfresco!
Or, in front of a movie with a cat, who's also a fan of the butter content. ;-)

No comments: