Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Asian kind of night







After a lovely Pho dinner with friends I was reminded to check my kimchi. I realize that I did not technically "make" this today, but I am going to take the fact that I made an effort and had to process this lovely little first batch of kimchi, moving it from stages of room temp fermenting to fridge fermentation, lidding it and making sure that I am not going to kill myself upon consumption. I believe that the final result will be consumable this weekend. But until then, here is the Kimchi recipe I followed and here's what it looks like 4 days in. Mmmmm. All signs good so far, check out the fermentation bubbles...

1 comment:

dejavudu said...

I think that so long as you got an interesting blog post out of it, it totally counts. I don't know anyone else making their own kimchi so this doesn't look half-assed to me!