Saturday, February 11, 2012

Toast for Three





Better than that, make mine French. MMMmmm. French Toast with Berry Compote for my girls.

French Toast:
Whole Wheat Bread, 1 loaf
8 Eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 c milk
If you don't know how to make French toast and you can read these words, something went terribly wrong in your childhood.

Compote:
2 apples, diced
3/4 c cranberries dried
1/2 c orange juice
cinnamon, cloves
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs butter

sauté the apples in butter, after they have a nice caramelization on them, add in the cranberries and oj, cover with a lid and simmer for 8-10 min while making the toast.

Serve the toast with the compote and enjoy with good company. Or alone, but the former is preferable.

2 comments:

Branka said...

Hello, I hope you don't mind me contacting you in this way. I found your blog on makesomething365, and I wanted to tell you that, I have created a FB group for us that are doing a 365 project this year, I would appreciate if you would join in. https://www.facebook.com/groups/292386624157701/
It is an attempt to create a community so I would really appreciate if you would join and also spread the word.
Thanks, Branka

dejavudu said...

I don't know how to make French toast!