Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pancakes & Pendants









I had a little inspiration today and a little time to myself so I decided to conquer two of the things that pushed me to compose this blog in the first place. Pancakes for breakfast and a pendant for, Lunch? Na, just a little time in the studio to make a pendant.

I tried someone else's recipe for pancakes, I was looking for something to use my sourdough starter on that didn't require me to bake bread and this is what I found:

The Nourishing Gourmet's Sourdough Pancakes

It's a great recipe and makes way more pancakes than 2 people can eat but so good.

This pendant was created from a puddle of wax that dripped onto the dresser from a candle. I really liked the shape and color. I placed it with some balsa wood that had ash ground into it and used a two part epoxy and some copper wire for the finishing touches.

I am really liking the color and feel of copper, its warmth is nice, especially in the cold, grey month of February.

Cap this day off with a great dinner with family and an adventure with some snow ninjas and sleds, tis a pretty perfect Sunday.

1 comment:

KK said...

That pendant is absolutely gorgeous!
<3 KK