Wednesday, May 16, 2012

South of the Border

I wish I could say that I was, really tempted by vacation fever, I know that I just got back but I really want to take off again. This evening's dish has some Mexican flavors but not really true to that particular cusine.  It's more of a Mexi Mix.

Charred Chorizo -
Local made Sausage Craft Chorizo ( amazing company with a great product, and did I mention, it's LOCAL!)
crumbled out of the casing and dam close to blackened

Sauted Veggies -
1 onion half moons
2 poblano peppers, cut in quarters then again in strips
2 small zucchinis , half mooned
2 cloves garlic minced
fry on high heat to get a nice bit of color then turn down to finish to desired tenderness. I cook mine so they are still crisp veggies, 6-8 min

Steamed Wild Rice

Pupusas from Humberto's mom. I wish I could take credit for these, but maybe next time.

1/2 small lime, 2 ribs cabbage for crunch &
cheddar cheese to cover in a light dusting.








No comments: