Sunday, May 13, 2012

Picking up the Pieces



As I was cleaning up my studio this evening, thinking about what I wanted to create, I found all these little pieces that had been found along walks, in drawers, pockets, dryers, floors. I pick up things I shouldn't, shiny, sharp, rusty, funky. It doesn't matter, I want to explore my world in as tactile a way as possible and this is part of that exploration. Spencer and I had a long conversation, as road trips typically tend to inspire and I found that I constantly am picking up others pieces and not looking at my own enough. I am now on a path to clean up and out what I have and sort through the gems that are right here at home. Making things beautiful from what I find along the way. Here's to my maiden voyage as myself, day after day. Always a new me. Piece by piece.

1 comment: