Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brunch with muh Besties

Today was amazing! I got to have brunch with some of the most amazing women I know, then go shopping and it was awesome. Having a very southern Sunday indeed. Tere's vegan ( also gluten free ) birfday brunch consisted of:

Carra's Garden Roasted Salad:
1 1/2 lbs Purple Potatoes
1/2 c green beans chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 c baby carrots
salt
pepper
olive oil

wash all ingredients fresh out of the garden throughly as it will be covered in dirt. I am throughly surprised at the amount that came out of my garden as I haven't watered the damn thing since, oh, April. My take on gardening is much like Darwins on life, if you can't hack it on your own, then your out of the selection, naturally. I don't feed, I don't water, and whatever nature provides is it. It's a rough life. Deal with it. (Next year, I think I may be a bit more motherly about this, more water perhaps.)

I roasted all of my veggies above in a pan on 350 for about 40 min after a quick toss in the olive oil and S&P.

Oyster Mushrooms & Onions:
Morning Fog Oyster Mushrooms
1 small sweet onion, vidalia is good
1 tbs oilve oil 
1 tsp herbs de provance 
1/2 tsp salt
quick pass through a hot pan with all ingredients involved. KISS


Almond Banana Bread:
(this lovely little loaf was adapted from the Little Banana Maple Pecan Cornbread Muffins in the Vegan Soul Kitchen cook book by Bryant Terry, and thanks to Tiffany & Matthew for turning me onto this book!)

1 c cornmeal
1 c almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbs corn oil & 2 for greasing the pan
2 tbs organic raw cane sugar
1 large ripe banana
1 c almond milk plain
2 tbs pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c banana chips for show

blend wet ingredients & dry ingredients in separate bowls, combine wet into dry, mix until well combined but don't beat the damn thing to death, I do this all to often so am hesitant to bake for guests but this turned out well.

pour in a well greased 8 x 11 glass baking dish and bake at 350 for roughly 25-30 min.

sprinkle with the banana chips.

Hazle-Mango Mimosas:
1 bottle brut champagne
1/2 bottle mango lemonade - Santa Cruz Organic was great!
1/4 c hazelnut liquor
1/2 c seltzer

stir and enjoy with the above brunch with FRIENDS!













No comments: